Another PostgreSQL Diff Tool 2.3 released
Another PostgreSQL Diff Tool (also known as apgdiff) is free PostgreSQL
database schema diff tool.
Project homepage: http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/
This release brings two new features and several bug fixes.
* Added support for diffing of COMMENT ON statements.
* Added switch --list-charsets to output list of supported charsets.
* Added user error messages instead of NullPointerException for cases
when referenced database object was not found in the dump.
* Fixed bug with parsing quoted object name when both first and second
part of the name was quoted.
* Fixed bug in parser that caused in some cases invalid match against
* Fixed bug in parser that caused array data types not detected
correctly (was caused by fix of invalid match of "word" above).
* Functions are now created after tables are create and updated, because
of functions depending on tables and columns. Later will be implemented
solution for cases where functions have to be created before table columns.
Full changelog can be found at http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/changelog.php
Binary distribution and sources: http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/download.php
Sources from Merurial repository:
If you have issues with running apgdiff, you may find answer for your
issue at FAQ page: http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/faq.php
If you still have issues with running apgdiff, you can email me at
If you find any issue with apgdiff or you miss a feature, please see
http://apgdiff.startnet.biz/bugs.php for information about filing bugs
and feature requests.
Another PostgreSQL Diff Tool Developer|
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2010-10-25 05:12:56|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - October 24 2010 ==|
|Previous:||From: Joshua D. Drake||Date: 2010-10-21 21:06:13|
|Subject: PgWest 2010 Party announced and full day training added!|
pgsql-general by date
|Next:||From: gabrielle||Date: 2010-10-22 18:15:34|
|Subject: Solaris install - "cannot compute sizeof (off_t)" error - readline issue?|
|Previous:||From: Chris Barnes||Date: 2010-10-22 16:50:16|
|Subject: Re: pg view of table columns needed for scripting|