Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,<rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
Cc: "PG Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL JDBC List" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [JDBC] Support for JDBC setQueryTimeout, et al.
Date: 2010-10-12 15:37:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:

> Is there something incomplete about the ones I sent, and if so,
> what?

Well, I'm still curious why it was necessary to modify the server
side to implement an interface feature for which everything needed
seems to be present on the client side. Is this intended to be
useful for other interfaces? If so, we should probably have an
implementation in some other interface to confirm that the
server-side support fits. If not, why touch the server side code at
all?

These are not rhetorical questions. There may be some reason, but
if so, I'd like to see it stated, rather than trying to infer it
through reverse engineering.

-Kevin