Re: Patch reviewers

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: ๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch reviewers
Date: 2010-10-02 00:07:25
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers
๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio wrote:
> I've already translated the Patch review process page, and I have it
> available where it belongs: our wiki
> The text has been translated but I am missing some styling and links
> that appear in the original document. Can I have an extra pair of eyes
> on this?

This is all fixed now, but it's at a new URL:

Note that you if you visit the English , you'll see a link to
the Spanish one.  In order for that all to work, the translated version
must have the exact same name as the original, followed by a slash and
the country code.  See for a list of valid
country codes.

If you want to translate another page like this, here is what I would
recommend doing:

1) Look at the English version
2) Click on "Edit"
3) Copy all of the text in that version to your clipboard
4) Create a new page using the naming suggested above (English named
followed by /es for all Spanish ones).
5) Paste the original text in.  This will get you all of the hyperlinks
and the formatting.
6) Translate the text section at a time.
7) At the top, add something that looks like this:

{{Languages|Reviewing a Patch}}

Where the name of the English version is used, to say what this is a
translation of.    I just wrote a summary of the above at a new page

In addition to the hyperlinks being missing, there were also two forms
of formatting issue with the one you did that you'd have avoided if you
followed this approach:

A) The section headers in the original were marked with "==", the ones
you did weren't
B) You made the lists by pasting in a bullet character and then adding
instead, you don't have to do all that.

It only took me a few minutes to clean this all up so no problem for me,
it's just that this would have made things easier for you--no need to do
all that <br> stuff for example.

Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
Author, "PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance"    Pre-ordering at: