Re: Patch reviewers

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: ๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch reviewers
Date: 2010-10-02 00:07:25
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

๏̯͡๏ Guido Barosio wrote:
> I've already translated the Patch review process page, and I have it
> available where it belongs: our wiki
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Como_colaborar_con_PostgreSQL:_Revisi%C3%B3n_de_Patches
>
> The text has been translated but I am missing some styling and links
> that appear in the original document. Can I have an extra pair of eyes
> on this?

This is all fixed now, but it's at a new URL:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch/es

Note that you if you visit the English
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Reviewing_a_Patch , you'll see a link to
the Spanish one. In order for that all to work, the translated version
must have the exact same name as the original, followed by a slash and
the country code. See
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Template:Languages for a list of valid
country codes.

If you want to translate another page like this, here is what I would
recommend doing:

1) Look at the English version
2) Click on "Edit"
3) Copy all of the text in that version to your clipboard
4) Create a new page using the naming suggested above (English named
followed by /es for all Spanish ones).
5) Paste the original text in. This will get you all of the hyperlinks
and the formatting.
6) Translate the text section at a time.
7) At the top, add something that looks like this:

{{Languages|Reviewing a Patch}}

Where the name of the English version is used, to say what this is a
translation of. I just wrote a summary of the above at a new page
named http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Wiki:Language_policy

In addition to the hyperlinks being missing, there were also two forms
of formatting issue with the one you did that you'd have avoided if you
followed this approach:

A) The section headers in the original were marked with "==", the ones
you did weren't
B) You made the lists by pasting in a bullet character and then adding
instead, you don't have to do all that.

It only took me a few minutes to clean this all up so no problem for me,
it's just that this would have made things easier for you--no need to do
all that <br> stuff for example.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us