Re: Upgrade to 9 questions

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Gerd Bremer" <gerd(dot)bremer(at)coremedia(dot)com>, "Albert Kurucz" <albert(dot)kurucz(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrade to 9 questions
Date: 2010-10-01 17:39:31
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

"Bremer, Gerd" <gerd(dot)bremer(at)coremedia(dot)com> wrote:

> I do not feel comfortable to upload artefacts from a project I
> haven't contributed to.

Keeping such a repository up-to-date with current jars could be
considered a contribution.

> Having latest releases in the Maven central repo is important, so
> I was surprised when I didn't find them.

It's not important to everyone; quite likely just to a minority.
Things in an open source project often get done by those
people to whom they are important. I suspect that if you pull
official jars from the JDBC download page, nobody will find anything
amiss if you keep Maven central current.

-Kevin