Re: BUG #5679: pgAdminIII 1.12.0 hangs

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Henk Dekker <hdekker(at)sparxsystems(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5679: pgAdminIII 1.12.0 hangs
Date: 2010-09-28 05:00:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 28/09/10 09:04, Henk Dekker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Steps leading to hang...

OK. When you say "select a database", are you double-clicking on it to
connect to that database?

Does the red "x" disappear off it, showing it to be connected?

Does the problem happen with any database? Or just one?

Can you browse the contents of databases, create databases, and perform
all other tasks fine? Is it *just* SQL editing that's failing?

In your situation, I'd attach a debugger to PgAdmin III and see where it
was hung. I don't know if the EnterpriseDB installer packages the .pdb
files (debug information) for PgAdmin III, though, and without that a
debugger on Windows is pretty useless. I'll have to check when I have
access to Windows once I'm home if nobody can confirm sooner.

--
Craig Ringer

Tech-related writing: http://soapyfrogs.blogspot.com/