Re: Documentation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Marek Černocký <marek(at)manet(dot)cz>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: 2010-09-24 10:22:34
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 24/09/2010 12:06, Marek Černocký a écrit :
> It would be nice to choice format the gettext (or similar tool) know
> about. It's very difficult to track changes in the current documentation
> for translators.

Gettext really doesn't work for documentation. It's much harder to know
the context of each sentence. I'm translating the PostgreSQL manuel
since 7.4.7 IIRC, and I'm completely against using a .po toolchain for
the french translation. It could help to make it quicker and simpler to
update, but it would quickly degrade the quality of the translation. Of
course, this is only my opinion, and I know some that don't agree with
me on this.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr