Documentation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Documentation
Date: 2010-09-24 08:29:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Documentation for pgAdmin is really weak right now. Just to take an
example, I don't know where a plugin file is described.

The real question is how we do this. Right now, the documentation is a
set of HTML files. Which is fine for some people and not for others.
Kind of hard to get a consistent style. Kind of hard to get a good PDF
and CHM file out of it. Not sure we really need these formats, I'm sure
we want a consistent style.

The only way to get all these options, AFAICT, is to use Docbook. SGML
or XML. I have no problem working with Docbook, but I'm not sure
everyone feels the same. I really prefer XML because of the toolset we
can use (which seems, at least to me, in much better shape than the SGML
one).

Anyone has better ideas?

--
Guillaume