Re: files under pg_clog directories are missing

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: dbhandary(at)iii(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: files under pg_clog directories are missing
Date: 2010-09-20 18:15:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dinesh Bhandary wrote:
> As for the nature of the corruption I still do know know what kind of
> hardware problems led to this; it happened at one of our clients site
> and we are still waiting to find out what caused it. One piece of
> info we got was postgres data directory turned into read only partition.

That can happen when a major disk-level problem occurs; system remounts
as read-only because it doesn't think it can safely write to it
anymore. I'd check into the system kernel logs as soon as possible, to
try and find a disk error that kicked the whole thing off.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support www.2ndQuadrant.us