Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?

From: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, Swaminathan Saikumar <swami(at)giveexam(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Is PostGreSql's Data storage mechanism "inferior"?
Date: 2008-01-31 01:06:09
Lists: pgsql-general
On Jan 30, 2008, at 6:22 PM, Richard Broersma Jr wrote:

> If you don't get too much feed back on this subject, just remember
> that topics like this come up frequently to the point of list
> member exhaustion.   You can find such discussions if you search
> the list archive.

Too true.  There's only so many times people can be confronted with
"Defend yourselves!" before they start ignoring it.  On the flip
side, when you approach with "Tell me, what advantages does Postgres
have to offer?" you'll find many people all too willing to step up
with pride.

Erik Jones

DBA | Emma®
erik(at)myemma(dot)com