3ware trivia overload

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 3ware trivia overload
Date: 2010-09-18 07:50:44
Lists: pgsql-performance
Since I've never stumbled on this until now, and I spend all day looking
at this sort of thing, I'm guessing many of you haven't seen the
following collection of 3ware controller trivia either:
http://makarevitch.org/rant/3ware/

All moving toward obsolete with 3ware being a part of LSI now I suspect,
but a great historical piece.  It puts some numbers on the general
anecdotal observations that the older 9500 series of cards from 3ware
were terrible in several common situations, and that the 9600 and later
cards aren't so bad.  I've never seen so much of the trivia related to
using these particular cards assembled into one well referenced place
before.  Probably interesting to those interested in general Linux disk
performance issues even if you don't care about this particular brand of
card.

--
Greg Smith, 2ndQuadrant US greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support  www.2ndQuadrant.us

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Daniele VarrazzoDate: 2010-09-20 11:59:09