Re: Fwd: UG News: Free to Choose Your Cookbook - Ebook Deal of the Day - $9.99 Each

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: UG News: Free to Choose Your Cookbook - Ebook Deal of the Day - $9.99 Each
Date: 2010-09-15 19:11:34
Lists: bwpug
Robert Treat wrote:
> I know there is an sql cookbook, it might be worth checking out.

It's actually quite good; I'd been meaning to pick up a copy for a while
and this was a nice excuse.  All of the examples in the book include
PostgreSQL implementations.  While these are sometimes dated now, what's
also nice is that many of the Oracle and SQL Server examples of the same
code use windows functions or WITH, things added to PostgreSQL since the
book was published.  So in some cases, you can use the book as an intro
to interesting ways to use those newer features as a better way to solve
some things that were painful in older SQL versions.

The cookbooks for bash, Python, and Java are also all excellent ones
I've borrowed plenty of examples from over the years.