Re: pgdg84 repository

From: Lacey Powers <lacey(dot)powers(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: mladen(dot)gogala(at)vmsinfo(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgdg84 repository
Date: 2010-09-12 02:59:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello Mladen,

In order to better accommodate the volume of requests for the psqlrpms
project, and ensure an even greater level of bandwidth and uptime, we
moved the primary yum repository to a new server.

We're happy to help you resolve any errors you may be having.

Could you do an nslookup from the server that gave you an error, and let
us know what IP address it returns?

Your DNS infrastructure may still be pointing at the old server address.

As a temporary measure, you can place the following line in your
/etc/hosts file:

69.55.231.170 yum.pgsqlrpms.org

And that should fix your problems. If it does not, please let us know,
and we will be glad to help you further sort this out.

Also, for future reference, any questions, comments, or concerns related
to packages and the repository for www.pgsqlrpms.org , should be
directed to packages(at)commandprompt(dot)com for the most rapid response.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Lacey

--
Lacey Powers

The PostgreSQL Company - Command Prompt, Inc. 1.503.667.4564 x 104
Engineering, Consulting, Development, Optimization, and 24x7 Support.
http://www.commandprompt.com/