Re: Tuple changes from relfilenodes

From: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
To: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tuple changes from relfilenodes
Date: 2010-08-27 17:27:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 8/27/10 10:09 AM, Lukasz Brodziak wrote:
> What do You mean by history table? Creating such table is out of the question.

You asked for "actual versions of row data" and a "data change history." How can you expect to get a history without the history being stored somewhere? The previous answers to your question already said that the old versions of data can be erased almost immediately, so if you really need the history, you have to do it yourself.

Why is that out of the question? Perhaps a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to achieve would help.

Craig