Re: Large object support in ecpg

From: Bosco Rama <postgres(at)boscorama(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large object support in ecpg
Date: 2010-08-26 17:28:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
> I had some experiences on using large objects in ECPG
> with using ECPGget_PGconn(). However, ECPGget_PGconn() is
> not recommended in ECPG application, so it's "at your own risk".
> For more details, please download my document from below,
> and check "Large Objects" section to handle large objects.

Thanks for this.  I wonder why a google search didn't find this?
Anyway, that describes pretty much what I figured I'd have to do.

However, I would really like a sanctioned method.  It seems that
using the above function is not deemed 'proper'.  But if this is
the only way to do it, then I guess I'll need to be a bad boy. :-)

Thanks again.