Re: Large object support in ecpg

From: Satoshi Nagayasu <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bosco Rama <postgres(at)boscorama(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large object support in ecpg
Date: 2010-08-26 12:25:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi Bosco,

On 2010/08/26 9:02, Bosco Rama wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> Bosco Rama wrote:
>>
>> This is probably an FAQ but is there any direct support of large
>> objects in ECPG?
>
> So from the lack of response I assume not.  I certainly couldn't find
> any reference to large objects in the ecpg docs, web or any forums.

I had some experiences on using large objects in ECPG
with using ECPGget_PGconn(). However, ECPGget_PGconn() is
not recommended in ECPG application, so it's "at your own risk".

For more details, please download my document from below,
and check "Large Objects" section to handle large objects.

http://code.google.com/p/ecpgdocs/downloads/detail?name=ecpg_html.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

Thanks,
--
NAGAYASU Satoshi <satoshi(dot)nagayasu(at)gmail(dot)com>