Re: security label support, part.2

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: security label support, part.2
Date: 2010-08-25 05:38:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> OK, I'll try to describe with appropriate granularity.
>>> Do we need an independent section in addition to the introduction of
>>> SECURITY LABEL syntax?
>>
>> I think so. I suggest a new chapter called "Enhanced Security
>> Providers" just after "Database Roles and Privileges".
>>
> OK,

Now I'm under describing the new chapter.
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kaigai/sepgsql.git;a=blob;f=doc/src/sgml/esp.sgml;hb=devel/seclabel

However, I'm wondering whether the topic about security hooks and some
others are appropriate for the "III. Server Administration" part.

Perhaps, it is a good idea a new section at the last of "Database Roles
and Privileges" which introduce a fact that PostgreSQL allows plugins
to make access control decision, and a new chapter in the "VII. Internals"
part.

How about the idea?

Thanks,