Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin III commit: Default role support in server configs, quick conne
Date: 2010-08-24 21:03:21
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Le 24/08/2010 22:54, Dave Page a écrit :
> This patch seems to have sizing issue on Windows - basically there
> isn't enough space on the dialogue for all the controls now.
>
> It seems like we should move some onto an "Advanced" tab - but I'm
> having a hard job persuading myself which should go (particularly as
> we normally want a multi-line textbox on the first tab so it looks OK
> when resized. The controls it makes most sense to move IMHO, are:
>
> Rolename
> DB restriction
> Service
> Restore env?
>
> If we did that, I suppose the colour button could be resized vertically.
>
> Thoughts?

I would keep less on the first tab. I think we should probably only keep
the required ones. So:

 * tab 1, name, port, host, ssl, username, password (and perhaps store
   password
 * tab 2, maintenance db, rolenamen restore env., db restriction,
   service, connect now, colour, group.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr