Re: Do you know of any easy-to-use reporting tools that work with PostgreSQL ?

From: Michael Ewan <michael(dot)ewan(at)intel(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do you know of any easy-to-use reporting tools that work with PostgreSQL ?
Date: 2010-08-22 16:07:53
Lists: pdxpug
We are using Eclipse/BIRT, very easy to use and good documentation.
BIRT is 100% free and open source, reports are rendered on a java EE
application server like tomcat.  I'll be doing a talk at the pdxpug
meeting in October/November on this.
There's also Fusion Charts Free, which produces flash graphics from XML
input.  As someone else said there is Pentaho, also look at Jaspersoft.
  Both of those are commercial tools but with community (free) editions.
If you don't mind some heavy lifting, take a look at MicroStrategy, they
have a free (up to 100 named users) that supports PostgreSQL natively.
Most anything that supports JDBC will support PostgreSQL.