Re: Connection limits and MS Access?

From: Arnaud Lesauvage <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connection limits and MS Access?
Date: 2010-08-17 06:25:05
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Le 16/08/2010 21:07, Benjamin Smith a écrit :
> Server PostgreSQL 8.4 / 64 bit
> Client MS Access 2007
> ODBC driver 8.4.200
>
> In order to support one of our clients, we've set up ODBC access to our
> database server, and the contract specifies a single ODBC database connection.
> We've enabled ODBC and gotten started, but Access seems to want to open a
> database connection for each linked table - hardly beneficial!

We are running PostreSQL 8.4.3 32bit on Windows 2003.
Clients use PsqlODBC 8.04.0200.
I cannot reproduce this. I can open 10 linked tables (all are in the
same database) and leave them open, I only see one connection open on
the server.

We link the tables using some VBA DAO code (we've been doing it with ADO
also, works the same), not with a System DSN. Maybe this is where the
different behaviour comes from ?

Regards,
Arnaud Lesauvage