Re: Unable to create serial column even with permissions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unable to create serial column even with permissions
Date: 2010-08-16 17:26:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs
> We could in theory back-patch this, since CreateSeqStmt won't ever go to
> disk in stored rules.  However, tweaking DefineRelation's API in stable
> branches seems fairly hazardous to third-party code.  Does it seem
> sufficient to fix the problem in 9.0 and up?

Might be worth asking a few interface developers what this will break.
However, given that the issue has existed for a year or more and I'm the
first one to report it formally, it clearly isn't that huge of an issue.

Any idea what version this got broken in?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.