Re: BUG #5595: Documentation is not installs from VPATH build.

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5595: Documentation is not installs from VPATH build.
Date: 2010-08-04 23:14:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 04/08/10 16:55, Tom Lane wrote:

> You're right, I did. Perhaps the presence of prebuilt docs in the
> source tree confuses something --- anybody wanna test?

The files that seem to be causing the confusion are:

<src tree>/doc/src/sgml/html-stamp
<src tree>/doc/src/sgm/man-stamp

A src tree 'maintainer-clean' removes then, but any lesser level of
clean doesn't. Hmm - shouldn't a VPATH build look at its *own*
doc/src/sgml/*-stamp files to see if it needs to build the docs? Note
that it does *create* them in there after a successful build...

Cheers

Mark