Re: BUG #5595: Documentation is not installs from VPATH build.

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5595: Documentation is not installs from VPATH build.
Date: 2010-08-03 23:29:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 04/08/10 03:35, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Dmtiriy Igrishin"<dmitigr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

>> When 'configure' executed in a directory outside the source tree the
>> documentation is not installs later nevertheless the "gmake install-docs" or
>> "gmake install-world" (I tried to build with "gmake world" also) typed to
>> install PostgreSQL.
>> When 'configure' executed inside the source tree - all is okay.
>>
> Hmm ... works for me, on a Fedora 13 box. Maybe a bug in your copy of
> gmake?

Hmm, I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 - works for me only if I do the following in
the src tree first:

$ cd pgsql-9.0beta3
$ ./configure
$ make maintainer-clean

... and then do a VPATH configure and build somewhere else. I'm guessing
that if I used a checked out src tree instead of a downloaded one then
it work work fine (suspect Tom used a checked out tree) Tom?

Cheers

Mark