Re: Beta4 release announcement

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Beta4 release announcement
Date: 2010-08-02 21:15:17
Lists: pgsql-www
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

>> Hmm, OK.  But the correction didn't really make that clear, did
>> it?
>
> Possibly not, but I'm NOT sending a correction to the correction.
> ;-b

I thought the new announcement did an admirable job of dancing
around the issue:

| (Note: This is a corrected version of yesterday's announcement
| which went out prematurely)

If I had tried and failed to find the download, reading this would
make me think the announcement was "premature" because it went out
before the beta was ready.  If I hadn't tried to find the download,
I might think it was premature because the language wasn't quite
settled yet.

Maximal coverage with minimal embarrassment.  Brilliant!

-Kevin