Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Howard Rogers <hjr(at)diznix(dot)com>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comparison of Oracle and PostgreSQL full text search
Date: 2010-07-30 16:13:52
Lists: pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm sure EnterpriseDB or one of the other PG support companies
> would be happy to sell you a support contract, if having somebody to sue
> is an essential part of happiness.

And on a good day, access to someone with the source code who will
actually be motivated to fix your problem, so you don't even have to sue
them!  Such a novel concept.  I find the idea that anyone is going to
sue Oracle for breach of contract and actually get anything out of it
beyond a refund kind of hilarious myself.  Sure, your lawyers have done
a better job of protecting you than Larry Ellison's...good luck with
that.  (Hint:  Oracle is currently fending a lawsuit from the US
Department of Justice)