Re: JPA and desktop apps

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JPA and desktop apps
Date: 2010-07-30 07:22:37
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
On 28/07/10 04:57, Guy Rouillier wrote:

> So, unless you have very compelling requirements that require
> significant client interaction without returning to the server, I'd
> highly recommend JSF/facelets.  Obviously, if you are not committed to
> Java, then perhaps other options are more appropriate to you environment
> and/or skill set.

From initial reading, that looks like a really good option. Thanks for
the pointer; the 'net is so full of negativity about JSF1 that it's hard
to get a feel for how JSF2 is working out.

So far I'm impressed.

BTW, anyone else who's looking at moving a (presumably Pg-based) project
server-side and who is new to server-side Java should start reading here:

http://www.coreservlets.com/JSF-Tutorial/jsf2/

... as it's an AMAZING resource.

--
Craig Ringer