Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Sandeep Srinivasa <sss(at)clearsenses(dot)com>, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Date: 2010-07-29 23:58:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> If you look at Rails, Django, Turbo Gears, Catalyst, Groovy+Grails they all have excellent PostgreSQL
> support.

Exactly. If Ivan were building on a Rails or Java software platform,
this discussion of "why is PostgreSQL not well supported?" wouldn't be
happening. The Python stuff is still lagging behind those too a bit I
think, but not by much. The PHP/PostgreSQL disconnect is really a
mystery to me given that's the only combination that's even got a whole
book written on it.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us