Re: ODBC and configure

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Ravi Katkar <Ravi(dot)Katkar(at)infor(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC and configure
Date: 2010-07-27 11:08:52
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-odbc

On 27/07/10 18:23, Ravi Katkar wrote:
> Odbctest.c downloaded from the below website http://wwwmath.uni-muenster.de/u/beckelu/DB0506/ODBC/

> Its not using GUI toolkit .

Nope, it certainly isn't. But something seems to be trying to talk to
your X server, unless that message is somehow weirdly misleading.

Here, installing unixodbc from debian packages and compiling odbctest as:

gcc -o odbctest odbctest.c -lodbc

it runs fine with DISPLAY unset (ie with no access to an X server).

My next step in your position would be to strace the binary to see what
it's doing, use ldd to examine what it's linking to, or use LD_DEBUG to
trace what libraries it accesses. Though, of course, I'd also know how
I'd compiled it, which you didn't mention.

In any case, though, there's no sign this issue has anything to do with
PostgreSQL. I hope this sets you vaguely on the right track, but I'm not
really into ODBC at the best of times, so I think I might be about done
with my usefulness here.

--
Craig Ringer