Re: role support

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Benedek László <laci(at)benedekl(dot)tvnetwork(dot)hu>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: role support
Date: 2010-07-25 08:04:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 22/07/2010 16:19, Benedek László a écrit :
> On 2010-07-20 11:05, guillaume wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:33:56 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>
>> I tried to apply your patch, but there is a big issue. It doesn't apply
>> cleanly at all. And when I say "at all", I really mean it. It seems the
>> patch was written way before we apply the "application name" patch (that
>> was 7 months ago). Can you update your patch and make sure it applies with
>> current HEAD? (should I say the master branch for git? :) ) I will get a
>> look at your updated patch.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> Here is an updated one.
> The original was against some 1.10 version, sorry for that.

Works great on 9.0. Small issue, the rolename doesn't appear in the
server's properties tab.

Doesn't work on 7.4 and 8.0. These releases don't have role support (it
was added on 8.1). Even if they'll be not maintain anymore, I would like
that this patch supports them. It's a simple test to do before executing
the "SET ROLE" statement.

With that fix, it'll be ready to commit.

> Now I also included a backup form patch to specify the rolename there too.

Checked that too. Works great. There's still something to do. You use a
textbox on the server dialog and it is good because you have no way to
know the available user on that server (because you're not connected to
it when you can change the rolename value). You still use a textbox on
the backup window. It would be better to use a combobox because you can
have this window only when you're connected to the server... meaning you
can easily get the list of users available.

With this, this patch would be commited.

> Comments are welcome. :)

Done :)

Thanks for your patch. It seems a great addition to pgAdmin.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr