Re: dropping connection

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dropping connection
Date: 2010-07-23 20:47:42
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le 23/07/2010 22:26, Michael Shapiro a écrit :
> Do you have a sense of what the patch "fixed"?

Sure, it's on the browser. When pgAdmin detects a dead connection, it
asks the user if he wants to try to reconnect. See
http://www.pgadmin.org/visualtour12.php, there is a screenshot of the
dialog.

> The SQL editor gives a "warning" -- the first error doesn't kill it, but if
> you run the query again it does. So I can cut/paste the query into a new
> editor window and keep going. But the Object Browser doesn't have that
> "feature" ...

That's the other way. The object browser has it. The SQL editor may have
it, but if it does, it wasn't because of this patch.

BTW, keep the list on CC.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr