Connection losses :(

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Connection losses :(
Date: 2010-07-19 16:28:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc
  Hi

I've got a OpenSUSE 11.1 server that hosts a PostgreSQL 8.4 for about 20
people in a LAN.
The clients have the 8.4.02 odbc installed and use MSAccess 2003 as
frontend.

I find a whole lot of "Unexpected EOF on client-connection" in the
server-log.
Some are "connection reset by peer" and others "timeout for connection".

The application is developed by ourselves.
In general the stuff works most of the time. Those connection losses
must be caught in some way.

Though lately Access complains that it can't find datasources of forms
that just before were present.
I just have to expect, that those error messages are not pointing to the
real problem.
I guess it could be that Access can't open e.g. a locally stored view
because the connection neccesarry for it crashed and Access then says
the view can't be found.

What could I do next?

Regards
Andreas