Re: BUG #5565: ERROR : syntax error at or near ")"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"john" <syabab84(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #5565: ERROR : syntax error at or near ")"
Date: 2010-07-19 13:37:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"john" <syabab84(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1

If you update to the latest 8.4 bug fix release (currently 8.4.4),
you'll avoid any bugs which have already been found and fixed.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

> when insert using client dataset after post upplyupdates(0) in
> delphi i receive this error :
>
> ERROR : syntax error at or near ")"+postgres

Perhaps someone who knows delphi can make something of that, but I'm
afraid I'd need more information before I could suggest anything.
If you could capture the statement which is generating the syntax
error it would help. You might want to read through this page to
get other ideas about what you could tell us which would allow us to
better help you:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin