Re: Feedback on 9.0 release text? Please?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Feedback on 9.0 release text? Please?
Date: 2010-07-12 22:59:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 07/12/2010 10:12 AM, Michael Alan Brewer wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 1:06 PM, Joshua D. Drake<jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> It does to some degree. I mean, if we can only get quotes from the same
>> people year over year?

Plus we're already in the position of potentially dropping one or more
quotes from the release due to having too many. So a returnee is a
no-go, I think.

Speaking of which ... Ed from EnterpriseDB has offered a quote for the
release. I'm leaning against including it because I feel that we need
to establish the separation between the PostgresQL project and
EnterpriseDB in the minds of the press.

I could see potentially including a quote from him about the momentum of
postgresql development if he were to make such a quote (suggested quote
doesn't help the release much), but I could also see skipping it ... we
have a lot of quotes as-is, and Afilias and MyEmma are still pending.
What do other people think?

(and please let's keep this to "does this benefit the success of the
release and project PR or not" and not "do I like enterprisedb or not")

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.