Bad localization in psql (french version) for Windows

From: Antonio Rivas Valle <rivas(dot)valle(at)orange(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bad localization in psql (french version) for Windows
Date: 2010-07-12 17:08:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

I downloaded PostgreSQL-8.4.4 for Windows (french version) a few days
ago. Starting psql, I got a warning related to a possible
malfunction because of the page code of the console. Every
character with accents was displayed in a wrong way. After trying
without success several allowed encodings, I looked at last in
../share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES and I found that the french part of :

psql-8.4.mo, postgres-8.4.mo, pgscripts-8.4.mo

has wrong characters with accents. There are possibly other files
needing correction.

Best regards.

Antonio Rivas Valle