Re: - GSoC - snapshot materialized view (work-in-progress) patch

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Baroš <baros(dot)p(at)seznam(dot)cz>
Subject: Re: - GSoC - snapshot materialized view (work-in-progress) patch
Date: 2010-07-12 15:06:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel Baroš<baros(dot)p(at)seznam(dot)cz> wrote:
> Dne 9.7.2010 21:33, Robert Haas napsal(a):

>> Please add your patch here, so that it will be reviewed during
>> the about-to-begin CommitFest.
>>
>> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open
>>

> OK, but will you help me with that form? Do you think I can fill
> it like that? I'm not sure about few fields ..
>
> Name: Snapshot materialized views
> CommitFest Topic: [ Miscellaneous | SQL Features ] ???

SQL Features seems reasonable to me.

> Patch Status: Needs review
> Author: me
> Reviewers: You?

Leave empty. Reviewers will sign up or be assigned.

> Commiters: who?

That comes much later -- when the patch is complete and has a
favorable review, then a committer will pick it up.

> and I quess fields 'Date Closed' and 'Message-ID for Original
> Patch' will be filled later.

Date closed is only set for patches which are committed, returned
with feedback (for a later CommitFest), or rejected. When you make
an entry which references a post to the lists, you should fill in
the Message-ID from the email header of the post. You may be able
to get this from your email software as soon as you send the post;
if not, you can find it on the archive page for the post.

-Kevin