Re: Broken links on main site and other issues

From: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken links on main site and other issues
Date: 2010-07-11 14:13:34
Lists: pgsql-www

On 07/11/2010 02:06 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
> Just had a brief nose around the site and found some issue.

thanks for taking a look - some comments follow...

> On http://www.postgresql.org/about/users the following links are broken:
>
> Institut de Biologie et Chimie des Protéines article

removed the link (couldn't find a suitable replacement)

> University of Alabama, Birmingham documentation

this stuff seems to be buried down in a large pdf now - link removed

> OmniTI case study

this one linked to sun.com - any idea if the document is available
elsewhere?

> On http://www.postgresql.org/about/quotesarchive the link to the
> Database Hacker's Handbook is broken.

updated

> I don't know if this right or not, but the license info on
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/presskit84.html.en (BSD) doesn't
> match the main license page: http://www.postgresql.org/about/licence
> (PostgreSQL)

well the licence got clarified after 8.4 was released, not sure if we
should edit the presskit text after the fact - comments?

> On http://www.postgresql.org/community/international the link to the
> Turkish PostgreSQL site comes up with an Apache test page:
> http://www.postgresql.org.tr/

removed for now - do we know if that page is gone or just temporary down?

> The alphas page contains redundant info about 9.0a4:
> http://www.postgresql.org/developer/alpha which is linked to by this
> page: http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing

I don't follow - what kind of information do you find redundant on that
page? Or are you actually wondering about the fact that we still have
alpha information up when we are already at Beta2(3)?

> For some reason, the Turkish press kit on
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/press/ is served with the text/troff
> mime type. Is this normal?

heh - that's triggered by the file ending and apache's mod_mime - will
see what I can do about that (though I wonder why nobody noticed so far)...

Stefan