Re: Reviewfest 2010-06 Plans and Call for Reviewers

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reviewfest 2010-06 Plans and Call for Reviewers
Date: 2010-07-08 15:36:58
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-rrreviewers

> Last year, the first CommitFest involved returning with feedback
> a lot of patches that had horribly bitrotted

That's an excellent point.  If there is anyone out there who could
do an initial run to kick back patches with bitrot in the next week
or so, that would be a tremendous help.

> or had major design issues

That's a much harder problem.  The set of people who can review for
that is rather smaller than the set who can see if a patch applies
without error.

> So giving people feedback now is really important to avoid having
> things pile up at the end of the release cycle.

Yeah, with only four review cycles, big items must get some review
early to avoid holding up the release at the other end.

> The good/bad news is that we don't have any major uncommitted
> patches floating around unmerged at this pont, as we did last
> cycle with HS and SR.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "unmerged" -- are you
excluding patches where they are in a git repository which is
merging in HEAD on a regular basis?

-Kevin