Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Date: 2010-07-06 19:40:31
Lists: pgsql-committerspgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> OK, so I talked to Bruce about this and I guess I've been persuaded
> that we should just apply the patch I sent upthread to HEAD and leave
> the back-branches broken, for fear of creating an incompatibility.

The only thing that might be appropriate to backport is the docs fix,
change "kilobytes" to "bytes" in config.sgml where the parameter is
described.  The bug complaint here was mad at the documentation not
matching the behavior, rather than the behavior itself.  I agree with
the change to HEAD you've suggested though, that's the right way to do
this for future releases.

This change is something worth mentioning in the release notes for 9.0 too.