Re: 64-bit pgbench V2

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 64-bit pgbench V2
Date: 2010-07-06 15:01:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas wrote:
> It doesn't seem very palatable to have multiple handwritten integer
> parsers floating around the code base either.  Maybe we should try to
> standardize something and ship it in src/port, or somesuch

I was considering at one point making two trips through strtol, each
allowed to gobble 10 characters, then combining the two--just to cut
down a little bit on the roll your own parser aspects here.  I hadn't
really considered how the main server does this job though.  If there's
something reasonable to expose by refactoring some code that's already
there, I could take a stab at that.  I'm not exactly sure where the
integer parsing code in the server that would be appropriate is to break
out is at though.