Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-07-01 19:11:31
Lists: pgsql-docs

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Rafael Martinez wrote:
>> Well, I will await for your feedback before spending more time on this
>> just in case I am in the wrong path.
> I did adjust the file paths sightly and modified the makefile;  new
> patch attached.

You use cp $(srcdir)/img/png/*.png html/img/ in the Makefile but in the
<imagedata fileref=""> tags the images are under html/. Am I missing

> I did remove the vacuum_full image because the 9.0 vacuum full rewrites
> the table, rather than modifying it in place.

Good, I found this out after I sent you all the images.

> Also, there are two images that need to be updated for every major
> release;  is that something we want to commit to doing?

Ok, I agree with you and Tom. They are not difficult to maintain but
they are more marketing material than technical.

If we go ahead with having explanatory diagrams, how do you want me to
send you new/updated diagrams (src&png)? Last time I try to send a large
attachment to the list, the e-mail was not deliver to the list. Maybe I
can make them available via an URL.

- --
 Rafael Martinez, <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>
 University of Oslo, Norway

 PGP Public Key:
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -