Re: cache lookup failed for index

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Nathan Robertson" <nathan(dot)robertson(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cache lookup failed for index
Date: 2010-06-30 16:13:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Nathan Robertson <nathan(dot)robertson(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> My thinking based on the documentation is I run (as postgres
> user):
> postgres -O -P -D /dbcluster/location

Looks good to me. In fact, I hadn't remembered the -P option;
definitely a good choice here, and it should obviate the need to try
to disable the index usage using the commands I showed.

> Then I run:
> REINDEX TABLE pg_class_oid_in;

You either need to specify the INDEX keyword or a table name.
Perhaps this would be best:

REINDEX TABLE pg_class;

-Kevin