Re: postgres query is very slow

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <donghe(at)caltech(dot)edu>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres query is very slow
Date: 2010-06-22 17:33:15
Lists: pgsql-admin
<donghe(at)caltech(dot)edu> wrote:

> I built a database on postgres8.1, then I did VACUUM FULL ANALYZE,
> but the query is still slow.
> Has anybody an idea ?

I recommend you re-post to the pgsql-performance list, after reading
this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

The one thing I can say based on the information you've provided so
far is that you can expect major performance improvements if you
upgrade to a new major release of PostgreSQL.

Well, there is one other thing -- it's almost never a good idea to
run VACUUM FULL.  You may have bloated your indexes.  You could try
a REINDEX on the database.

-Kevin