Re: Ticket 186: Reseting a table/function's statistics

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ticket 186: Reseting a table/function's statistics
Date: 2010-06-18 21:55:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 18/06/2010 22:59, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
>> PS: of course, I won't commit until we branch out 1.12.
>
> I think I've given up on my desire to have a sequential commit
> reference for QA's benefit. We should figure out how we can move to
> GIT withut breaking the back branches which currently still use that.

I don't get it. What are you afraid of breaking? the sequential commit
reference will break for everything, back branches and trunk.

> Doing so would make this sort of work easier....

As a matter of fact, it'll make it easier. But it's already not that
hard. I just keep it in a separate branch, and merging is really easy
with git. Moreover, I don't intend to work on a lot of patches till we
branch. This one was just a warm-up. I'll now work on a better i18n. And
then, exclusion constraint and SQL/Med objects. Which would already be
great to have in mid-august.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr