9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 9.0: Too many features. Help us choose!
Date: 2010-06-17 01:01:18
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Advocacy geeks,

So, the issue I'm having with drafting a press release for 9.0 and
editing the release notes is that we have too many features.  We
shouldn't include all in the major features section of the release
notes, and we definitely can't include them all in the press release.

In fact, in the press release, we can at best include 6 in addition to
replication.

So, to help decide what's a "major feature" for 9.0, I'd like people to
fill out this web survey form:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dF9ZYmJoMGZGRGpxZ18xdG9OUGFqd3c6MQ

Please help by seriously thinking about which features we should be
really promoting for 9.0, and which we can leave for people to find in
the release notes.  Thanks!

--Josh Berkus

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Marc CousinDate: 2010-06-17 17:38:15