Re: Misplaced pg_upgrade_support.so ?

From: Glen Barber <glen(dot)j(dot)barber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Misplaced pg_upgrade_support.so ?
Date: 2010-06-09 12:39:36
Lists: pgsql-testers
On 6/7/10 2:48 PM, Glen Barber wrote:
> On 6/7/10 2:43 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>
>>> Is this module ending up in the wrong location on install, or is
>>> pg_upgrade looking in the wrong place?
>>
>> Added to Open Items page for 9.0. Bruce says he should get to checking
>> it sometime tonight or tommorrow. Thanks for bug report.
>>

> Excellent, thanks!

Just to follow up, Bruce did take a look at this on -general.  In short,
it turns out to be operator error - I never cleaned the source
directories, which caused the extra '/postgresql/' directory in the
hierarchy.

The relevant thread is here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-06/msg00321.php

Thanks to Bruce and Takahiro Itagaki for taking a look.

Regards,

--
Glen Barber