Re: How can I tell if I'm autovacuuming?

From: Ireneusz Pluta <ipluta(at)wp(dot)pl>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Doug Gorley <doug(dot)gorley(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How can I tell if I'm autovacuuming?
Date: 2010-05-25 12:31:50
Lists: pgsql-admin

>> (b) How can I verify that my databases are being vacuumed by autovacuum?
>>

> pg_stat_user_tables should have a last_autovac column.

Also, you can see autovacuum related messages like:

DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "postgres"
DEBUG: autovacuum: processing database "template1"

in your server log, by setting log_min_messages to 'debug1' in your
postgresql.conf.
As a side effect you may also see some other messages enabled with the
same debug level,