Re: PgWest Locations

From: Peter Headland <Peter(at)matrixlink(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgWest Locations
Date: 2010-05-21 21:38:15
Lists: sfpug
The Crowne Plaza is out in the burbs/business park land. Its conference
facilities are adequate (we had a business function there quite
recently). Its in-house food is adequate. The few nearby restaurants are
uninspiring - you have to drive to get to anything decent. There are no
local attractions that can be reached without driving quite a ways.

The Crowne Plaza is not all that near to SFO, and there is no easy
public transport link to it - I'd say it's easier to get into SF using
public transport. I would expect the Crowne Plaza to have a regular
shuttle to SFO. There are a couple of alternative hotels for folks to
stay at within walking distance (Hilton Garden Inn and Marriott
Courtyard). The Crowne Plaza is infinitely easier to drive to than
anything in San Francisco, and has integral parking.

Personally, I'd love you to use the Crowne Plaza, because it is 5
minutes' walk from my office, and I hate traveling into SF, but honesty
compels me to say that Foster City is absolutely not a "destination"; I
think out-of-town folks would enjoy somewhere in the city a lot more.

--
Peter Headland