how to add a postgresql dll in the GAC of windows 7 ?

From: lolveley <lolveley(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to add a postgresql dll in the GAC of windows 7 ?
Date: 2010-05-19 15:30:06
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,

I would like to install postgresql into windows 7, but there is a dll to
add and I can't do this, there is an error; but I tried 2 methods:

1/ gacutil, this one : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\x64, but I have this error :

************************************
Failure adding assembly to the cache: Cet assembly a été construit par
un runt
ime plus récent que le runtime actuellement chargé et ne peut pas être
chargé.
(it says : this assembly was build by a more recent runtime than the one
loaded presently, and can't be loaded)

2/ by copiyng the dll in the directory c:\Windows\Assembly, from the
explorer in administrator mode.
I have no error message but the dll isn't added to the directory...

can you help me?

olivier

http://fr.mail.yahoo.com