Re: BOF at pgCon?

From: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)endpoint(dot)com>, PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BOF at pgCon?
Date: 2010-05-13 19:22:47
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I thought we were leaning towards a dinner meeting on Wednesday night?
>> That's far better for me than Friday evening.
> Jan and I can't do both a BOF on Friday and a dinner meeting on
> Wednesday.  So we'd have to pick one *or* the other.
> Wednesday night won't work for attracting people other than the ones on
> this list.
> So it depends on the purpose of the meeting.

The purpose of the meeting will also help in picking a better venue.  Do
  we want a lecture room at the university with a white board and chairs
so when one person speaks everyone can hear them or do we want a
restaurant that will be geared more towards lots of concurrent informal

What would the agenda for the BOF look like?  or do we just want an
informal social gathering?

Steve Singer
Afilias Canada
Data Services Developer