Re: BOF at pgCon?

From: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)endpoint(dot)com>, PostgresCluster ML <pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BOF at pgCon?
Date: 2010-05-13 19:22:47
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Josh Berkus wrote:
>> I thought we were leaning towards a dinner meeting on Wednesday night?
>>
>> That's far better for me than Friday evening.
>
> Jan and I can't do both a BOF on Friday and a dinner meeting on
> Wednesday. So we'd have to pick one *or* the other.
>
> Wednesday night won't work for attracting people other than the ones on
> this list.
>
> So it depends on the purpose of the meeting.

The purpose of the meeting will also help in picking a better venue. Do
we want a lecture room at the university with a white board and chairs
so when one person speaks everyone can hear them or do we want a
restaurant that will be geared more towards lots of concurrent informal
discussions.

What would the agenda for the BOF look like? or do we just want an
informal social gathering?

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada