Re: testing simple SELECT commands on newly-created databases. Apparently blocked by (lack of) privileges?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-testers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: testing simple SELECT commands on newly-created databases. Apparently blocked by (lack of) privileges?
Date: 2010-05-11 23:04:27
Lists: pgsql-testers
On 5/11/10 3:55 PM, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Josh,
>
> I'm beating a dead horse, I know:
>
> Then, what is the effect of:
> GRANT ALL ON DATABASE fubar TO "Mr. Dataguy";
> GRANT ALL ON DATABASE fubar TO "Mrs. Datareader";  etc?
>
> Isn't the above how we've been granting wholesale access to a db?  I
> must be missing something.

That grants CONNECT, USE and CREATE on the database to the user.  It
says nothing about individual objects.  If you want to grant on all
objects in a database, see 9.0's GRANT ON ALL feature.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

pgsql-testers by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-05-12 21:56:43