Re: Web team help for beta release

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Web team help for beta release
Date: 2010-05-03 02:09:42
Lists: pgsql-www

> As opposed to what? ASCII replication?

As opposed to logical, row-based replication (which is what Slony,
Londiste and Bucardo do) or statement-based replication (which is what
pgPool and Continuent do).

The existing solutions we have are all "logical" replication solutions,
which means that they function at the level of query logic. WAL-based
replication is "binary", which means that it operates at the file level
and doesn't care about query logic.

Anyway, what we have on Devrim's draft now seems fine, we should run
with it.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.